Crunch time! My ex-husband once called me a “granola-lovin’, tree-hugging hippie” as an insult. I took it as a compliment! In honor of Gary and the way yoga helps us feast upon the goodness in life, let’s make some delicious, nutrient-rich granola together. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2c flour
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp-1tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2c melted coconut oil
- 1/2c maple syrup
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 3 mejool dates, pitted and chopped
- optional additions: cocoa nibs, chopped nuts, other dried fruits, coconut flakes, etc.
Instructions: See the video below to follow along with me.
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F. Fill a glass liquid measuring cup with coconut oil a bit over the 1/2c mark and start it melting on low heat on the stove top OR you can melt it in a small saucepan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine your dry ingredients which are the first four things listed above.
- Chop your dates and mix them into the dry ingredients evenly coating them with flour.
- Add in “optional additions” and mix together evenly.
- Once your coconut oil is melted, mix the maple syrup and vanilla extract in with it. Whisk liquids for 30 seconds then pour over the dry mixture and stir it all together till oats and additions are covered.
- Spread your wet granola on a large baking sheet in an even layer covering the whole pan. Bake for exactly 20 minutes.
- Remove granola from the oven and gently “stir” it around using a spatula and evenly spreading it out again.
- Bake for another 20 minutes then remove from the oven and let cool a bit before eating. Once fully cooled store in an air tight glass container to keep in super fresh and crunchy.
Enjoy your creation plain, with milk of your preference, in yogurt, smoothie bowls or with fruit. I’d love to hear how you like it and what variations you make. Also feel free to let me know what other recipes you’d like to see.
Are you subscribed to my list? If not, click below to join and get your free gift!